We have teamed up with Penderyn Distillery to be able to offer you an exclusive range of CGT exempt & VAT free whisky cask options.
Penderyn Single Malt Welsh Whisky was launched on 1 March 2004, a date which signalled the return of whisky distillation to Wales after an absence of more than 100 years. The distillery was officially opened by HRH, Prince Charles.
The whisky is made at the Penderyn Distillery which is located in ‘waterfall country’ in the southern foothills of the magnificent Brecon Beacons National Park.
The whisky is distilled in a specially-commissioned and unique whisky still, producing an exceptional spirit at 92% abv which is married to fresh spring water drawn from beneath the distillery, and matured in hand–selected first-fill ex-Bourbon casks. This independently-owned distillery employs a dedicated team of craftsmen and professionals who produce whiskies which are distributed in the UK and world-wide.
Penderyn Single Malt Whisky has won many top international whisky awards including Gold Awards at the 2016 World Whisky Competition.
- CAPITAL GAINS EXEMPT - All whisky casks are exempt from CGT.
- VAT FREE - Casks are held in bond and you do not pay VAT untill you receieve your bottles.
- You can sell your cask, or receive the bottles.
We have a limited availability on many cask types, including Ex bourbon, Rejuvenated European Red Wine Barriques, Ex Oloroso Sherry cask & Ex Ruby Port casks
In the mid-2000s, Bruichladdich hogsheads were available for purchase at approximately £1,500. Presently, the value of such a cask ranges from £7,500 to £15,000, depending on the type of cask and the quantity of whisky that remains.
Back in 2000, a Springbank hogshead would have cost £1,500. However, currently, a Springbank 2000 hogshead can be valued at anywhere between £90,000 and £200,000.
Tobermory casks from the period of 1990 to 1995 were once obtainable for approximately £1,500. Nowadays, these same casks are valued at around £10,000 to £15,000.
- Each Penderyn Cask holds approx. 200 Bulk Litres (300 bottles at 46% abv)
- The bulk whisky will be bottled in its entirety by Penderyn Distillery in standard whisky bottles and will feature the wording: ‘Single Malt Welsh Whisky, produced at Penderyn Distillery’. The premium label has space for your name or a short personal message, and the bottles are presented in individual cartons, and packed in cases of 6.
- We recommend bottling between 5 and 7 years of age. 10 years is the maximum amount of time we will store your cask under this scheme.
Bottling charges are applicable This includes bottles, corks, capsules, cartons and labels.
- Cask Contents approximately 2% - 2.5% of the cask contents evaporate per year (the ‘Angels’ Share’). There may also be production losses when the contents of the cask are bottled, but this should not exceed 1% of the total volume. Please note the evaporation rate of each cask will vary and the losses may be higher or lower than outlined above.
- Number of Bottles. This depends on a variety of factors such as maturation rate, age of the whisky, size of cask (there are slight differences), etc.
- Once the whisky is bottled we will deliver (free of charge) to a mainland UK address.